The Department of Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED) has announced that 3650-4200 MHz band spectrum will be repurposed to promote rural connectivity and 5G deployment. This will increase the amount of C-band that is available for 5G from 50 MHz to 250 MHz – consistent with similar policy decisions in the U.S. A 3800 MHz auction has also been announced for the first quarter of 2023 in Canada. Although a date of March 31, 2025 has been set for vacating previously held spectrum, satellite providers serving far north communities will be able to maintain their holdings.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Follow us on Twitter
- Investment in Next-Generation Wireless Networks is Key to Canada’s Economic Growth and Prosperity: Ghiz
- 5G is The Foundation For Realizing The Full Potential of IoT
- Canadian Smartphones Twice as Fast With 5G: Report
- 3800 MHz to Be Repurposed for 5G and Rural Wireless in Canada
- New Studies Dismiss 5G Health Concerns