Federal Budget 2019 introduced a $1.7B Universal Broadband Fund to help deploy high-speed “backbone” to underserved communities. The budget also proposed a $1B broadband investment through Canada Infrastructure Bank. $117M was earmarked to help prepare Canada’s next-generation wireless networks. With private sector support, the government expects $5-6B will be invested in Canadian connectivity projects over the next 10 years.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Follow us on Twitter
- ‘Fast and Steady’ Wins the Race: Canadian Wireless Networks Among World Leaders in Both Speed and Consistency
- 600 MHz Spectrum Auction Results Announced
- Budget 2019 Supports Rural Broadband, 5G Networks
- 5G Wireless Could Add $40 Billion in Annual GDP and 250,000 Permanent New Jobs to Canadian Economy by 2026, Accenture Report Finds
- Government investments recognize the importance of 5G to Canada’s future