Federal Budget 2019 introduced a $1.7B Universal Broadband Fund to help deploy high-speed “backbone” to underserved communities. The budget also proposed a $1B broadband investment through Canada Infrastructure Bank. $117M was earmarked to help prepare Canada’s next-generation wireless networks. With private sector support, the government expects $5-6B will be invested in Canadian connectivity projects over the next 10 years.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Follow us on Twitter
- Innovation Minister Addresses 3500 MHz Spectrum Framework
- Canadian Telecom Summit Panel, “5G: Evolution or Revolution” (Video)
- ‘Fast and Steady’ Wins the Race: Canadian Wireless Networks Among World Leaders in Both Speed and Consistency
- 600 MHz Spectrum Auction Results Announced
- Budget 2019 Supports Rural Broadband, 5G Networks