Federal Budget 2019 introduced a $1.7B Universal Broadband Fund to help deploy high-speed “backbone” to underserved communities. The budget also proposed a $1B broadband investment through Canada Infrastructure Bank. $117M was earmarked to help prepare Canada’s next-generation wireless networks. With private sector support, the government expects $5-6B will be invested in Canadian connectivity projects over the next 10 years.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Follow us on Twitter
- Canada’s 5G Download Speed Experience Leads the U.S. and Most Other Countries
- Canadian Government Launches 3800 MHz Auction Consultation
- 5G Has Positive Impacts for Canadians in Rural and Urban Communities
- Setting the Record Straight on 5G Wireless & RF Safety
- Innovation Minister Addresses 3500 MHz Spectrum Framework